Petunia, the Girl who was NOT a Princess (Review) #notaprincess



Not all girls want to be a princess.  Petunia was one of those girls.  She loved to play in the mud and get messy.  She was lonely and wanted to find a friend who liked to do the same things as her.


 Petunia, the Girl who was NOT a princess is a perfect storybook to read to little ones and for older children to read themselves.  My granddaughter, Grace, is 9 and loved it!  She especially liked Petunia's new neighbor and friend, Penelope.  Grace also likes to wear dresses and pink, but is not afraid to get dirty.  She will put on a dress and take her turtle outside to play.   What I like about this book is that it shows that there are all types of girls who like different things.  Even if someone is different from you, a wonderful friendship can develop.  Sometimes you are not as different as you think.  It also teaches not to judge someone by how they look and that you don't have to change to "fit in".  Sometimes it is fun to try something that your friends enjoy.  You just might find out that you enjoy it too. These are some of the many positive messages in this book. 



When children get older, sometimes it is a challenge to get them to read.  With an e-reader, a great story and beautiful illustrations, it was easy to get my granddaughter to read Petunia, the Girl who was NOT a Princess.  I read the book as well and loved it.  I was more like Petunia.  I grew up on a farm and loved to play in the mud.  This story book will appeal to all different types of children from little to big. 

At the end of the book there are discussion questions.  We read through them together and I think it gave her a better understanding of the story.  This is one book that can be read over and over.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: